Hi, I’m Megan. I am a social media professional based in my hometown of Miami, Florida. I serve as the Social Media Director at Kreps DeMaria Public Relations & Marketing, a local public relations firm that specializes in real estate, hospitality, law and banking. As Director, I develop, implement and manage social media strategies for both the firm and its social media clients.
I graduated in 2010 with a finance degree from Southern Methodist University’s Cox School of Business. Upon graduation, I accepted an internship offer at MetLife Home Loans in the marketing department. I had only taken one college course in marketing, but was interested in exploring the field. A marketing internship at a large finance corporation seemed like a great transition into marketing; it combined my analytical background with my creative side. Within six months, I was promoted to a full-time position and was quickly promoted again to a manager role. My internship defined my career path and I have since been in the marketing and communications field.
On a personal note, I live in the downtown area of Miami known as Brickell with my sister, my dog, Bandit, and her dog, Basil. I love being outdoors (which is why I live in South Florida!), riding my bike, spending time at the beach or pool, or just walking around the neighborhood with Bandit.
Here are a few other quick facts about me:
- I treat my rescue dog, Bandit, like a person. I take him everywhere I possibly can (which, unfortunately, is not too many places since he’s a 60 lb Lab/Catahoula/Boxer mix).
- I love trying new apps, new social media platforms (see gif above made with Phhhoto), new bars, new restaurants, visiting new places, and just discovering new things in general.
- I’m a multi-tasker, and have a proclivity for freezing my computer at work by trying to do too many things at once.
- I have been a vegetarian since I was 7 years old (and no, neither of my parents are vegetarian). I love trying and making new vegetarian and vegan dishes. I recently got a Vitamix and I’ve been using it fanatically since. My favorite thing to make is green smoothies. The more ingredients the better!
- At work, I am notorious for constantly snacking. One (of my two drawers) at my desk is completely filled with nuts, dried fruits, snack bars, chocolate, etc. Who needs paper files anyway? That’s what computers are for!
- My mom owns a toy store in Key Biscayne, FL named Toy Town. I help her with social media and I created her website using Wix.